I made progress on a few things this week.
One thing I finished was the dinosaur hat for Nathan. Here you can see it being blocked.
Skills I learned: Grafting
I think it is so super cute. There are some parts that aren't my best work (or even close to it), but I figure Nathan will be forgiving. Here you can see the little strap to hold it onto his cute little head. (The button is a lot more green in real life than it is in this photo.)
I think this can also be a dragon hat. Roar!!
Here are the first two of four panels for the bag I'm making out of sari silk. This will either be the front or the back, although once all four are done I'll get to flip and mix & match them so I have the ones that match best together.
Here is the pinwheel rug I made the first week I was recovering from my tonsillectomy. You can see I still haven't sewn both ends together (on the right), or tucked in the ends, or, in fact, made either border for this small circle. I made the mistake of using kind of pricey yarn (for a rug!) which I won't do again.
Skills I learned: Short rows
Carrying yarn along the side
Also, I went hiking on Saturday. There was a huuuuuuuge tree stump (I think the tree had been burned down) and so I climbed into it and got a photo.
As if all of this wasn't enough excitement, I applied for 3 jobs and health insurance! A productive couple days indeed.
I'm off to San Diego to hang out with Kim & Nic for a while -- Nic says he'll take me surfing!